The configuration, addition, and deletion of Users is done via the 'Users and Roles' section of the Configuration menu. Once within Users and Roles, the list of Users on the system will be visible:
In this table you can choose to edit or delete a User using the contextual menu, add a new User using the 'Add New' button, export the list of Users via the 'Export' button, and also filter the list of Users using the filters within the column headers:
To add a new User, click on the 'Add New' button:
Once clicked, this button will display the 'New User' configuration window:
There are four tabs within the 'New User' window:
- User: Settings relating to the individual User, such as password, language and more.
- Notifications: Covered in Section Notification Methods, the Notifications tab contains items required for enabled notification methods to work correctly. For example, if a User wants to receive an email he must specify his email address within the 'Email:' field in 'Notifications'.
- Notification Profiles: Covered in-depth in Notification Profiles.
- My Links: Covered in-depth in User Interface
The User tab contains seven required fields when creating a new User; these are:
The full name / friendly, non-login name for the User.
The Username which the User will use to login to Opsview Monitor.
A small comment about the User, i.e. 'This is John Smith; he is the Sysadmin for Tims Tyres'.
The Role with which the User is associated.
Note: Only one Role can be selected.
The password which the User must enter in order to log in.
- Password Strength: For more details on this please see Password Strength
English/Spanish/German languages are available to Users of Opsview Monitor, along with the setting 'Use browser setting' which will try to discover the required language via the browser.
Once you have configured the fields above you can click on 'Submit Changes' and your new User is entered, ready to be created.
The highlighted orange row indicates that you need to apply the changes. To do this go to Configuration > Apply Changes and click the Apply Changes button. When the process has completed, the new User is created and the login details are ready to be used.
To change a User's password, navigate to 'Users and Roles' within the Configuration menu; click on 'Edit' within the contextual menu of the User that you wish to modify:
Once the Edit window is open, enter the new password into the 'Change Password' and 'Confirm Password' fields:
After entering the new password into both fields, click 'Submit Changes' and the new password will be applied after an "Apply Changes" is performed through Configuration > Apply Changes.
Password history is not updated when an admin user changes another user's password.
Updated about 1 year ago