- Opsview Monitor 6.0 represents the future of IT operations. It has been designed to tackle real-world hybrid IT monitoring challenges, particularly where enterprises need unified insight into the performance of dynamic workloads running in a mixture of bare-metal, virtualized, and cloud environments.
- Whilst Opsview Monitor 6.0 includes some exciting new features, the biggest change is replacing Nagios™ with our own, web-scale monitoring engine.
- Opsview Monitor 6.0’s new architecture is designed to deliver significant performance improvements for all customers, especially those monitoring over 1,000 hosts.
- The technologies used in Opsview Monitor 6.0 will ensure that you can continue to rely on Opsview Monitor as you modernize and scale your IT environment.
- Yes. Opsview Monitor 6.0 has been fully production tested and is the recommended platform for all new and existing customers. In place upgrades and migrations are fully supported from previous versions of Opsview Monitor however as there are major architectural changes between Opsview Monitor 5.x and 6.0 you must read Before moving to Opsview Monitor 6.0 before you plan your upgrade or migration.
If you have a question which is not answered by our documentation, please contact our Customer Success team using our Support Portal.
- Yes. Upgrades from Opsview Monitor 5.4.2 to Opsview Monitor 6.0 are fully supported. If you are currently on a version prior to Opsview Monitor 5.4.2 then we recommend that you upgrade to Opsview Monitor 5.4.2 first and then to Opsview Monitor 6.0. Upgrades from Opsview Monitor 6.0 Early Adopter are also supported however there are some additional manual steps required to complete the upgrade. Migrations from Opsview Monitor 5.4.2 are also supported. For more information on upgrading please read Planning your move to 6.0
You have a choice of options:
- For new customers or a fresh installation, please read Automated Installation
- If you wish to run Opsview Monitor 6.0 as a virtual machine on either Amazon EC2, Hyper-V or VMware please read Virtual Appliances
For any help, please contact our Customer Success team via the Support Portal.
- Opsview Monitor 6.0 is a production release. Therefore, if you adopt this version, you will receive the same level as support as detailed in your current subscription.
Will Opsview Monitor 6.0 support all my existing Nagios™ plugins, Opspacks, service checks and enterprise platforms?
- Yes. Opsview Monitor 6.0 maintains full support for Nagios™ plugins.
- Opsview Monitor 6.0 will also support all your existing Opspacks and custom service checks.
- Opsview Monitor 6.0 integrates with all currently supported service desks and configuration management solutions.
- If you need assistance getting existing integrations and extensions to work, please raise a ticket with our Customer Success team using our Support Portal.
- The mobile application is compatible with Opsview Monitor 6.0, although there are a few known issues due to the architectural changes, namely
- If the Next Scheduled Check returns 0, the mobile app will display 01-01-1970 instead of Unknown.
- An error will be thrown if you try to recheck a service check that cannot be rechecked (eg, a Passive or SNMP Trap service check).
- As an existing Opsview Monitor customer, you will be able to upgrade to Opsview Monitor 6.0 at no additional cost, as part of your subscription.
Please refer to the Known Issues page for a list of the Known Issues in this release.