The configuration, addition, and deletion of Users is done via the 'Users and Roles' section of Settings:
Once within Users and Roles, the list of Users on the system will be visible:
In this table you can choose to edit or delete a User using the contextual menu, add a new User using the 'Add New' button, export the list of Users via the 'Export' button, and also filter the list of Users using the filters within the column headers:
Once clicked, this button will display the 'New User' configuration window:
There are three tabs within the 'New User' window:
- User: Settings relating to the individual User, such as password, language and more.
- Notifications: Covered in Section Notification Methods, the Notifications tab contains items required for enabled notification methods to work correctly. For example, if a User wants to receive an email he must specify his email address within the 'Email:' field in 'Notifications'.
- Notification Profiles: Covered in-depth in Section Notification Profiles.
In this Guide, we will be focusing solely on the 'User' tab.
The User tab contains seven required fields when creating a new User; these are:
- Name: The full name / friendly, non-login name for the User.
- Username: The Username which the User will use to login to Opsview Monitor.
- Comment: A small comment about the User, i.e. 'This is John Smith; he is the Sysadmin for Tims Tyres'.
- Role: The Role with which the User is associated. Note: Only one Role can be selected.
- Set Password/Confirm Password: The password which the User must enter in order to log in.
- Language: English/Spanish/German languages are available to Users of Opsview Monitor,
along with the setting 'Use browser setting' which will try to discover the required language via the browser.
- Tips: There are two checkboxes here; one enables/disables 'Tips' (the helpful guides on certain sections of Opsview Monitor), and the second resets Tips, where Opsview Monitor treats you as a new User and explains each section to you via Tips, as shown below:
Once you have configured the fields above you can click on 'Submit Changes' and your new User is
The highlighted orange row indicates that a reload is required to apply the changes. Simply click on the correspondingly orange 'Reload' tile in Settings and the new User will be created:
To change a User's password, navigate to 'Users and Roles' within the Settings overlay menu; click on 'Edit' within the contextual menu of the User that you wish to modify:
Once the Edit window is open, enter the new password into the 'Change Password' and
'Confirm Password' fields:
After entering the new password into both fields, click 'Submit Changes' and the new password will be applied after a reload (Settings, then Reload).
To change a User's language setting, navigate to 'Users and Roles' within the Settings overlay menu; click on 'Edit' within the contextual menu of the User that you wish to modify:
Once the Edit window is open, select the language you want to apply to this User, e.g. 'German'.