Ruby and gems should already be available on your system - if not, please install ruby and gems using your standard package manager.
When Ruby and gems are installed, run the following commands as the root user to set up the amazon scripts and credentials:
- gem install CloudyScripts
- mkdir /etc/cloutomate
- ssh-keygen -f /etc/cloutomate/cloutomate.pem
(make sure to enter a blank password when prompted.)
- ruby /usr/local/nagios/libexec/plugins.d/cloud-aws/encrypt_aws_credentials.rb -A (your Amazon access key ID) -S (your Amazon secret key) -f /usr/local/nagios/etc/aws_credentials.cfg
(Note: Your Amazon access key ID and secret key are managed in the 'Security Credentials' area in your account's dropdown menu.)
- chown -R nagios:nagios /etc/cloutomate
- chown nagios:nagios /usr/local/nagios/etc/aws_credentials.cfg
- Create a new host within "Menu => Settings => Host Settings"
- Enter the public address in the 'Primary Hostname/IP' field
- Add the Host Template, "Cloud - AWS - ELB"
- On the 'Variables' tab, add in "AWS_CLOUDWATCH_CREDENTIALS" and set a value equal to a label you'd like to use to identify service checks for your instance. Next, click on the checkbox "Override Amazon Instance ID" and input your load balancer name.
- Submit Changes
- Perform a configuration reload within "Menu => Settings => Reload"