You additionally can use other built in checks found under 'Application ' Web server' to monitor HTTP services on any web server, 'Network Services ' NNTP' for NNTP services, and 'Network Services ' FTP' for FTP services hosted by IIS.
For more details on WMI configuration take a look at the 'OS ' Windows Server' page.
WMI: WMI classes are pre-configured with an installation of Exchange. Once you have access to these classes you can monitor them using the built in service checks. The 'OS ' Windows Server' page contains all of the details and links you need to configure Exchange to be ready for monitoring via WMI.
Windows Agent: To use these checks the Opsview Agent will need to be installed. Details on where to download it from are available on the 3.6 Opsview Agents page.
- Create a new host within 'Menu => Settings => Host Settings' for your Microsoft IIS Server
- Add the Host Template 'OS - Windows Server 2008 WMI - IIS Server' to your server
- Configure the host variable 'WINCREDENTIALS' and add in your WMI user and password as the variable values
- Add the Host Template 'Application - Microsoft IIS' to your server
- Optional: Configure the host variable(s) 'NRPE_CERTIFICATES' and 'NRPE_CIPHERS' if you plan on using certificate based security between Opsview and the monitored host
Perform a configuration reload within 'Menu => Settings => Reload'