We will mark particular aspects of Opsview as having an Application Programming Interface (API). This means:
- We will publish documentation about the API on how to use it.
- We will extensively test the API to ensure no regressions exist.
- We will maintain the API and fix any bugs against it.
- We try not to make unnecessary changes to the API.
- If we make any changes to the API, it will be documented on this site.
From time to time, we may deprecate certain API functionality. This means:
- We will not be adding any new features.
- We will not fix any bugs against it.
- We will mark documentation to say that it is deprecated.
- We will remove the code in future.
- We recommend new code is not developed against it.
- We will provide a migration path to an newer API.