The Results-Sender forwards results on from the collector to the Orchestrator. It also provides a backup ability to store durable messages in case the connection to the Orchestrator is down.
The Results-Sender requires access to the MessageQueue and Registry. Please make sure these packages are installed, configured and running before attempting to start the
Refer to Advanced Automated Installation.
The user configuration options should be set in "/opt/opsview/resultssender/etc/resultssender.yaml". Default values are shown in "/opt/opsview/resultssender/etc/resultssender.defaults.yaml", but changes should not be made here since the file will get overwritten on package update.
The following options can be set:
- messages_ttl: Messages older than this will be discarded by the results sender.
- results_in_queue: The message-queue configuration to receive results.
- results_cache_queue: The message-queue configuration to send/receive messages when the out queue connection is down.
- results_out_queue: The message-queue configuration to send results.
- results_live_queue: The message-queue configuration to send messages to results-live (Acknowledgements and Downtime messages).
- results_dispatcher_out_queue: The message-queue configuration to send messages to results-dispatcher for populating additional information.
- registry: Connection configuration for the Registry.
- logging: Component logging configuration.
The results-cache-queue is defined to have an additional messages_ttl_secs setting that will remove messages from that queue.
This is set using the queue additional params (e.g: params: message_ttl_secs=1800)
Watchdog service files are now managed by the package, doing a remove would leave the watchdog service file behind with a .save extension. Purging the package will remove it. The package managed config files are as follows
Watchdog service files are now managed by the package. Any modifications will be saved at upgrade and remove processes with the .rpmnew and .rpmsave extensions correspondingly.
As root, start, stop and restart the service using:
/opt/opsview/watchdog/bin/opsview-monit <start|stop|restart> opsview-resultssender
Updated over 1 year ago